As a part of their -NEWS TV RADIO II- course, the journalism students - senior year - at the Faculty of Information and Communication; have produced their own "TV Show" under the supervision of Mrs. Rania Baroud and Mrs. Hala Nader.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
The team (Ranine Awwad, Carla Chidiac, Fatima Darwich, Elie Helou, Marguerite Najem and Najib Rizk) had spent an entire day filming, reporting and interviewing prospects on UA main campus. After the preparations and corrections, they were ready to go ON AIR at 3:00 in the afternoon, to present their news bulletin for about 30 minutes.
Directly from the Audio-Visual studio facility, the highlights were mainly the following:
- The conventions the Universite Antonine made with academic institutions and colleges abroad.
- The treaty signed between UA and the Lebanese Army.
- The absence of student elections for the third consecutive year.
- The major role of the Antonine educational institution in finding future potential jobs for graduating students.
- The approval of the Lebanese Olympic Committee to nominate the Universite Antonine to win a national Olympic Prize through the Physical Education and Sports Faculty.
The news bulletin also included future projects related to the facilities on campus, students' tuition fees, and other matters concerning the UA family. Throughout this project, those young journalists got to experience what it's like to be true professional news anchors, reporters and segment producers.